New Polymer £20 now in circulation
Posted in | February 25, 2020 | by Dadds LLP Solicitors
The new polymer £20 note has now been released into circulation on the 20th February 2020. The old paper £20 notes will remain as valid tender until the Bank of England advises they will be withdrawn from circulation, although no date has been confirmed.
The new polymer note comes with a few security features to look out for to ensure it is a genuine note:
- A hologram image which alters between the words “twenty” and “pounds”.
- The metallic image over the main window is blue gold on the front and silver on the back.
- A portrait of the Queen is printed in the clear window.
- A silver foil patch above the clear window has a 3D image of the coronation crown.
- Behind the coronation crown a round foil patch will contain the letter “T”.
- The words Bank of England on the front of the note will be raised lettering.
- Under a UV light the number “20” should appear bright red and green.
The new £20 now joins the polymer £5 note and £10 notes which changed from paper in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
‹ Go Back To News